Tuesday 6 October 2015

An Unwell Writer

I'm poorly. Not blaming anyone in particular, but the receptionist at my office had a cold last week, and it's a small office. God-dammit Demi...

Anyway, as much as I would normally relish having some extra time in the house to allow me to write, it's been difficult to adopt the correct mindset. Writing is a fun activity, but it's challenging and requires some brain power. Right now every time I try to use my brain it begins to overheat and I need to go for a nap.

My best friend right now.
My lawyering day-job is also non-compatible with having a cold. I was supposed to start quite a high-level trial today, but thankfully a witness didn't appear, the trial couldn't go ahead (woohoo!), and I got to 'work from home' in the afternoon.

This is a bit of a rambly post, which might be something to do with the painkillers, so I think I'll quit while I'm ahead.

Steve

EDIT: I haven't had time to update in a while, but just to let you know I survived and am feeling much better now.


No comments:

Post a Comment